Difference between revisions of "Proficiency Test - Mixing Bench"
From Help Wiki
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
* Make sure the '''VOUME BOX''' is turned down when plugging in a microphone
* Plug headphones into MOTU headphone input
* Plug mic into the MOTU sound card Mic/Line #1 or #2
* If you have a condenser microphone then '''press and hold the TRIM knob until the 48V red light turns ON'''
* Push down the TRIM knob once to engage the PAD to lower the sensitivity of your input source.
* Set the Gain for each Mic input by adjusting up the '''TRIM''' knob
* Open your software and choose the MB template.
* Record enable a track and hit '''record''' when ready.
* Switch volume box to mac, turn up volume to listen to speakers when you're done recording
Revision as of 15:04, 2 October 2015
- Get a mic, headphones, and a mic cable for each room before the workshop from the EM storage room.
- Take their student A# so you can enter their proficiency into filemaker
- Cover using Media Loan, location, hours, late fine + renewals, always have time scheduled through (ML & EM), using the FOB to open the space, letting staff know of lost/stolen keys, and general security of the space.
- Explain about signing the log book, writing down problems etc. Tell them that they can go to EM desk or MML for help.
- Go over equipment and room flow and volume box. Point out patchbay. Tell them to make sure that patch bay is clear when starting and to normalize when done. Mention umbilicals for hooking up other equipment.
- Show power strip and how to power on the computer.
- Have them log into the computer.
- MOTU Audio Setup is the soundcard driver and must remain open
- Mention basic apps: Audition, Digital Performer, Audacity, Pro Tools, Live
- Have them create a folder with their last name on the Storage drive or the desktop.
- Backup files to the server - do not work off the network.
- Files are cleared out at the end of the quarter.
- Make sure the VOUME BOX is turned down when plugging in a microphone
- Plug headphones into MOTU headphone input
- Plug mic into the MOTU sound card Mic/Line #1 or #2
- If you have a condenser microphone then press and hold the TRIM knob until the 48V red light turns ON
- Push down the TRIM knob once to engage the PAD to lower the sensitivity of your input source.
- Set the Gain for each Mic input by adjusting up the TRIM knob
- Open your software and choose the MB template.
- Record enable a track and hit record when ready.
- Switch volume box to mac, turn up volume to listen to speakers when you're done recording
- Do basic edits, fade in/out, normalize, mono to stereo, zoom in/out etc
- Explain save as and save as wav if they need to take files to a PC. And to save as MP3.
- Save work.
- Open Toast and explain audio cd and data cd burning.
- If there is time do more recording (from LP, Casssette or mic) or editing and have them rotate the hands on part.