Radio Practice and Politics - Mixing Benches
Setting Up Phone Interviews in the Mixing Benches
Both Mixing Benches have phones installed. The call-in # is listed on the top of the phone. For outgoing long distance calls please purchase a phone card in advance.
- Remove all existed patch cords from the patchbay.
- Patch Phone Hybrid Out (C15) > Mic/Line Input 2 (B16) .
- Patch Aux Send 1 (A21) to Hybrid In (D15), this sends the local talent to the caller.
Record directly into Audacity with the local speaker on the left channel, and the caller on the right.
- Turn on the power switch on the desk.
- Log in to the Computer
- Create a project folder with your name in the Storage Drive.
- Launch Audacity from the dock, and go to File > Save Project As , and save into the folder on the Storage Drive.