Reserving Studios and Equipment
From Help Wiki
Reserving Studios/Control Rooms
- When scheduling the Audio Lab (Lib 1360) or the Advanced Multitrack Studio (Com 118), you are automatically reserving both the Performance Room and the Control Room.
- The other two Control Rooms (Com 111A & Com 212A) must be scheduled separately from their Performance Spaces (Com 110 & the Recital Hall (Com 107), respectively).
You will use Schedule Evergreen to reserve session times in the Audio Studios.
- Head to schedule.evergreen.edu [You can also access schedule.evergreen.edu from your my.evergreen.edu home page]
- At this point, you should be seeing your Personal Calendar which allows you to review your class times/locations and your scheduled lab times/locations (including your Audio Studio reservations).
- On the Left-Side of the page are some Navigation links: Select "Spaces."
- On the Right-Side of this page, select "Self Service."
- Self Service allows you, the user, to schedule yourself in one of the provided facilities, so long as you have the necessary access approval.
- Select which space you would like to reserve.
- Since there is currently no way to sort these options, all Audio Studios begin with "Audio Studio..."
- At the top of this page is where you select the "Space" you want from the drop-down.
- "But I already selected which space I wanted!" Well, if you are trying to schedule both Com 111A (control room) & Com 110 (performance space), you will need to go through this whole process twice because you cannot reserve more than one space simultaneously. This will hopefully be a feature soon. If you are reserving, for instance, Com 118...then, yes, this drop-down option is redundant.
- Next, you will select the "Start Time" of your session.
- For the Date, using the down arrow will provide you with a calendar view which reduces the chance that you select the wrong date.
- For the Time, please keep in mind our Studio Blocks. We offer 4 studio sessions per day, 7 days a week:
- Now select the "Duration" of our session (in HOURS).
- If you are signing up for one (1) session, type 4 (to indicate 4 hours).
- If you are signing up for back-to-back session times, type 8 (to indicate 8 hours)
- ***If you don't need a full session to complete your work, you may choose less than 4 hours for your duration
- Important Note: If you sign up for a session that spans between two studio blocks (such as 11am-2pm), your reservation may be cancelled or modified. This is to ensure that all students are able to reserve a full 4-hour session; PLEASE respect the 4-hour time blocks we have set out for sessions.
- At this point, you can click the "Check Availability" button which will pull up the calendar below to reflect the date/time you have selected. If the space is available at that time, the calendar will be white at that time. If you see Orange, that indicates that the space is not available at the date/time you have selected.
- If the stars align and your space is available, then click the "Schedule" button to make it official!
- Currently, you do not receive a confirmation notice after clicking the "Schedule" button, but you are brought back to your calendar where you can verify that your reservation has gone through.
- Remember: If you are trying to schedule the Control Room AND Performance Space for Com 111A or Com 212A, you will need to go through steps 1-12 twice (once to reserve the Control Room and another time to reserve the Performance Space). For questions, contact AudioSupport@evergreen.edu