Ripping a DVD - MPEG Streamclip
DISCLAIMER: This information is to be used for academic purposes only under fair use guidelines. Click here for more information on copyright.
This process will allow you to extract the content and save it as a movie file.
1. Insert DVD into the computer's disc drive
2. Open MPEG Streamclip
3. Go to File > Open DVD
4. In the dialog that appears, click on your DVD in the lefthand column (under DEVICES)
5. Click OK and wait a second for the content to load into the program
6. Hit the Play button in MPEG Streamclip to preview, fast forward, etc. This is to verify your content was loaded into the program.
7. If you only want to rip a portion of the DVD: You may mark 'in' and 'out' points by moving your playhead to the points you want the footage to begin and end and hitting 'i' and 'o' on the keyboard.
8. When you are ready to copy the DVD, go to File > Export. You can export as a Quicktime .mov file by clicking Export to Quicktime.
9. If you know what you are doing, you can change the settings in the dialog box. Otherwise, just click Make Movie at the bottom.
10. Give the file a descriptive name and save it to your folder on the User Drive. Click Save.