From Help Wiki
- There are two rotoscoping stations.
- 2D Animation Rotoscope Lib (L1408) which also has a capture stand.
- Animation Rotoscope (Com 310A) which is only for rotoscoping.
- use liquids or messy materials on the table.
- kick the projector
- touch the glass lens
- change projector menu settings
- unplug anything
- power up and shut down projector properly
- double-check projector screen dimensions and focus
- create a guide frame
Using the Lib 2d Rotoscope
Turn On Mirroring
- Log into the log book and note that you used the rotoscope section
- Turn on the main power switch on the desk,
- Turn on the computer, and log in.
- Turn the power strip for the projector on the left corner of the table by the rotoscope stand.
- Turn on the projector. The projector will take a few moments to warm up.
- The data projector is recognized as a second monitor on the left.
- Click the Display Menu icon and select Display Preferences.
- In the new new window click the Arrangement tab and click the Mirror Displays check box.
- Click the Display Menu icon and select Display and choose 1024 x 768 60.0Hz
- Disconnect cable from keyboard and take keyboard and mouse to the rotoscope stand.
- Adjust the zoom on the projector if needed.
- Focus the projector.
- Open video file in Quicktime player.
- Adjust projector zoom or scale the Quicktime movie as needed.
- Grab a corner of the video window to adjust sizing.
- On the projector, adjust the zoom and the focus on the edges of the lens.
- Note: the zoom is adjusted by twisting the lens closer to the projector body, and the focus is adjusted by twisting the ring at the end of the lens.
- Adjust the positioning of the animation registration board on the table.
- Create a guide frame using a piece of paper to line up your artwork at a later time.
- Use the left and right arrow keys of the keyboard to navigate through each frame.
- There is only one monitor and the projector.
- The computer should default to mirroring enabled and be set to 1024x768.
- To change the resolution and mirroring settings, click the monitor icon in the menu bar.
- Shut down the projector by pressing the power button until the display is black .
- The fan inside the projector will run for a while to allow the lamp to cool down.
- For the Library 2D Rotoscoping bench, turn mirroring off.
- Shut down the computer and turn off the main power switch on the desk.
- Record any problems in the log book.
- Video footage that is displayed on the left-hand computer monitor is projected up onto the drawing surface of the stand.