Schedule a Zoom Meeting via the Web Portal
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:37, 11 February 2021 by Mariea
Schedule a Meeting
- Sign in to evergreen.zoom.us with your My Evergreen login and password.
- From the Meetings page choose Schedule a Meeting
- Set the topic, date, time and duration.
- Additional meeting options can most likely be left to the default settings but make sure of the following security best practices:
- Do not use your Personal Meeting ID (unless this is a private meeting with trusted colleagues)
- Enable a Waiting Room for added security
- Video > Participant should be set OFF - so as not to surprise
- Mute participants on entry
- Click Save to finish
Once you save your newly scheduled meeting an Invite Link will automatically be generated. Copy and paste where needed to share with participants.
Enable a chime when someone enters the meeting
- Visit https://evergreen.zoom.us and sign in with your Evergreen username and password.
- Select Settings from the menu
- Scroll down until you see the option "Play sound when participants join or leave"
- Click to toggle this option "on"
- Once enabled, you will see additional options: who hears the chime (just the host or all attendees) and whether participants should be prompted to record their names when joining by telephone.
Enable a chime in a meeting in-progress
- In the meeting window, click "Manage Participants"
- At the bottom of the participant list, select "More"
- In the "More" menu, click to enable the "Play Enter/Exit Chime" option.
Keywords: web conferencing