Sea Change - Marantz Recorders
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 09:23, 10 April 2013 by Hargettb (Created page with "==Media Loan== * [http://www.evergreen.edu/medialoan www.evergreen.edu/medialoan] * L2504. End of hallway past Libary and Computer Center Entrances. * Reserve Equipment * Te...")
- L2504. End of hallway past Libary and Computer Center Entrances.
- Reserve Equipment
- Test Equipment
- Late Fees
Late Fines assessed daily, per item Equipment valued over $250 — $20.00 per day Equipment valued under $250 — $10.00 per day Keys and all equipment and accessories valued over $50 — $10.00 per day Equipment and accessories valued under $50 — $5.00 per day
- Sound is measured in cycles per second or Hertz (Hz).
- Human hearing is 20Hz to 20kHz.
- A microphone converts acoustic energy to electrical energy
- Condenser Mics
- More sensitive to higher frequencies and fast transients.
- Needs power. Batteries in microphone.
- Dynamic Mics
- Can take high sound levels
- No power needed.
- Omni: picks up sound from all directions.
- Cardioid: picks up sound from front:
- Proximity Effect: low frequencies are boosted as mic is closer to the source.
- Super-Cardioid: Picks up from front with a narrower pattern.
- lavaliere: Small mic which clamps to clothing.
- Shotgun: Long mic. Picks up sound from with an extremely narrow pattern.
- XLR = Needed for Marantz
- Mini = will not work with Marantz.
Mic Usage Tips
- Use a stand if possible.
- Listen for:
- handling noise
- proximity effect
- popped p's
Digital audio recorder that records to memory cards.
- Format memory card before use.
- Record Settings: Review settings on handout
- Always record as PCM.
- Mono vs Stereo
- Setting Levels: Do not hit zero on the meter.
- Always have headphones.
- Record room tone.
- USB Mode
- Format card
- Connect 1 mic to recorder.
- Set to record to PCM, 48kHZ, mono, manual record levels.
- Connect headphones.
- Make a test recording
- Press Rec Pause
- Test mic
- Set levels
- Press Rec to start recording.
- Listen on headphones
- Press Stop to stop recording
- Playback recording
- Record some sounds
- Try different mics if available.
- Connect to computer and transfer sounds to computer.
- Copy files to Orca.
Get proficiency sign in sheet.