Subscribe2 - Wordpress
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 17:41, 13 November 2016 by Carpenti
Subscribe2 is a plugin that, once activated, will allow your readers to receive an email notification whenever a new post is published to the site.
Activate the plugin
- Activate the Subscibe2 plugin in your plugins panel
- Create a new page (probably called something like "Subscribe")
- Click the S2 button that should now appear in your quickbar to automatically insert the subscribe2 token. Ensure the token is on a line by itself and that it has a blank line above and below. This token will automatically be replaced by dynamic subscription information and will display all forms and messages as necessary.
- If you're interested in changing some of the default behaviors of the plugin, go to Tools > Subscribers and change your Subscriber settings here.
For your readers to subscribe:
- Readers simply need to navigate to your subscription page or sidebar widget and enter their email address.
- They will receive an email that they must confirm the subscription.
- Note: if a potential subscriber is already logged in and they go to subscribe, they will be directed to manage they subscriptions via the Subscribe2 panel in their Profile's Dashboard.