Technology Help for Students

From Help Wiki
Revision as of 15:13, 3 April 2018 by Valeram (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

This article is missing content or needs to be updated. You can improve to Evergreen's Help Wiki by contributing to this article.

Getting Help on the Web

See Computing and Technology Help and Services

Getting Help Over the Phone

If you've exhausted the web and can't find a solution, there are numbers you can call to get help over the phone.

  • Computer Center (360) 867-6231 - This number connects to the student AC Techs at the Computer Center. They are happy to answer any computer questions you may have.
  • CAL (360) 867-6426 - ditto for this number if you have any scientific computing inquiries.
  • Fishbowl/ResNet (360) 867-5111 - If you live in housing and want to have someone take a look at your computer, call up this number and someone will walk right over to your dorm.
  • Media Loan (360) 867-6253 - if you checked something out from Media Loan and then need some support, you can call 'em up and talk to a student worker or other on-duty staff.
  • Reference Desk (360) 867-6252 - The Reference Desk is a good place to call if you have a question about the library or need help finding a certain book/article. However, this should be a last resort for tech questions.
  • Digital Imaging Studio (360) 867-6562 - The Digital Imaging Studio (DIS) doesn't do much help over the phone because usually the help needed is too complicated, but feel free to call if you have a question about image editing (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) or scanning.

Getting Help in Person

If you are absolutely new to the campus, either as a freshman or a transfer student, you will find that everyone is more than willing to help you...all you need to do is ask. Where? You can start at the reference desk in the Library. There are several computers located near the reference desk and when using them you will have ready access to a reference person. (personal experience, here!) On the third floor of the library next to government documents and the main stacks you will find a row of offices with staff that can assist you as well.

A great place to get help with your academic technology questions is the Academic Computing Center. There is a main desk as you enter the Computer Center, and the student consultants behind the counter are more than happy to help you with any computer/printer/scanner questions. They are also a great resource for any and all general questions regarding Evergreen, and are always pleased to help connect you with other campus resources!

Note: This article was originally authored by the students in Information Landscapes and has been edited by Academic Technologies staff since creation.