Use and citation of media in online formats
Information on how to cite media in Wordpress or Canvas from work from the public domain
Materials that you can post online
- Your original works of authorship to which you hold a copyright.
- Works in the public domain.
- Copyrighted articles and materials that you have received written permission to use.
- Materials with a creative commons license provided you follow the author's licensing requests
All creative commons citations should include the same information
- Title of image
- Creator name
- Source of image (url)
- Copyright information included with the image (i.e. watermark)
- CC license information (if possible link back to CC documentation page)
- (I.E. Flickr Wikimedia Commons Getty Images)
- If there are no specific citation requirements usually just the link to the image page and its corresponding database is fine
- At minimum make sure to cite Creator, Image, Title, Source
- If the image is from a print or electronic publication you include Creator, Title, Source
swampcat1934 Lisensed under CC0 Bunny1002846_640.jpg Pixabay
The process of citing videos found online (i.e. Youtube) is slightly different than citing images or other media
- Puppies tend to enjoy playing with toys as portrayed by Puppy Talks to His Toy (2017)
If possible create a small reference list at the bottom of the page or post with the video citied in MLA or APA style MLA
- Last Name, First Name, Or Username. "Title of the Video" title of the site. Name of Publisher, Day Month Year of publication. Medium. Day Month Year of access