Vixia HD Camcorder Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 12:20, 8 February 2013 by Galloa
Complete the written portion of the test before arriving for your operational proficiency.
PROFICIENCY QUESTIONS WRITTEN TEST
- What general precautions should you take when using this camcorder?
- What media does the camcorder record to? Do you need to provide your own?
- Describe the steps involved in manually focusing your shot.
- How do you change the camera’s white balance? Why is this setting important?
- When should and when shouldn’t you use the image stabilizer option?
- Briefly explain how to record and play back footage.
- List two ways to access the full manual for this camera.
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility when you’ve checked out this camera?
(To be done during your scheduled appointment)
- Identify all the parts and controls on the camera.
- Attach a battery to the camera, and mount it securely on a tripod. Attach power adapter to DC in terminal.
- Describe and set the AE mode, white balance, and recording quality options.
- Manually focus the camera on an object of choice, then switch back to autofocus mode.
- Record 30 seconds of footage and play it back.
- Attach the camera to an external microphone and headphones. Correctly set the headphone/AV option.
- Correctly set the date and time in the camera.
- Put the palmcorder and its accessories back into its case. Correctly pack up the tripod, microphone, and headphones.