WordPress Tutorial for wordpress.evergreen.edu
Everything you need to know to get started using WordPress at blogs.evergreen.edu
Configure Site Settings
Writing and Managing Your Content
Adding Images and Media
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
Many themes support sidebar content. Often times if you don't add anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
Adding functionality to your site
Still have WordPress questions?
- Create a Help Ticket or call the Computer Center at 360-867-6227
- WordPress FAQ - common questions
- WordPress Tutorial - step by step introduction