YouTube - Downloading - MML
DISCLAIMER: This information is to be used for academic purposes only under fair use guidelines. Click here for more information on copyright.
To download a video for use in editing follow these steps.
Use Safari for this Process. There have been issues with Firefox.
- In Safari go to the YouTube page for the video.
- Add kiss before youtube in the url. ex http://www.kissyoutube.com/watch?v=vdX_OBUeHb4
- A dialogue window will open. Check the Allow all applets... box and then click Allow.
- A new page will load. Under the Select you download format heading there will be a list of videos to download. There could be more than video. The higher quality videos will be at the bottom of the list.
- Download the highest quality video by right clicking (or control clicking) on the link.
- Mp4 files will work in Final Cut but the audio will need to be rendered.
You might want to convert the files to match your other footage and sequence setting or Final Cut will need to render your files.