Difference between revisions of "Zoom H4n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test"
From Help Wiki
m (Williaas moved page Digital Audio Recorder Proficiency Test to Zoom H4n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test)
Revision as of 14:13, 21 August 2019
Complete this written portion on a separate sheet of paper before arriving for your operational proficiency. The answers can be found in the operating guides for the Zoom H4N.
- What is the point of formatting the recorder before you record audio?
- Why is it not unnecessary to turn off the internal mic for input?
- What are the steps you must follow in order to import your files onto a computer for editing for both recorders?
- Describe how to set the date and time on the H4n.
- Name and describe the 4 modes on the H4n.
- What kind of mic configuration does the H4n utilize?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility for the recorders when you check them out from Media Loan?
(TO BE DONE DURING YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT )
- Turn recorder on.
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the menus of the recorder.
- Format the recorder correctly and prepare for recording.
- Demonstrate how to change the mic angels from 90 to 120 and back on the H4n.
- Plug preferred mic to correct input. Select input setup from the menu.
- Record 30 seconds of audio.
- Connect headphones or speakers to line-out and playback your track.
- Add another track manually.
- Erase track.
- Connect USB from the recorder to a laptop provided by Media Loan.
- Show that you understand how to import your audio files from the recorder to the computer.