Zoom H4n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 13:10, 8 July 2013 by Kisaar24
Digital Audio Recorders
For the Marantz PMD-660 and Zoom H4N
Complete this written portion on a separate sheet of paper before arriving for your operational proficiency. The answers can be found in the operating guides for the Marantz PMD-660 and the Zoom H4N.
- What is the point of formatting the recorder before you record audio?
- How do you access the EDIT mode for the PMD-660?
- Why do you want to make sure to turn off the “silent skip” option on the PMD-660?
- Why is it not unnecessary to turn off the internal mic for input?
- What are the steps you must follow in order to import your files onto a computer for editing for both recorders?
- If you are using alkaline batteries rather than rechargeable, what must you change on the PMD-660 in order for the recorder to work?
- Describe how to set the date and time on the H4n.
- Name and describe the 4 modes on the H4n.
- What kind of mic configuration does the H4n utilize?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility for the recorders when you check them out from Media Loan?