Getting Started with Zoom
Zoom is free for anyone invited to attend a meeting. If you'd like to host a meeting for your class or college-related business see below.
About Zoom Accounts
- A Zoom account is only required if you want to host a meeting. You do not need an account to attend a meeting.
- Zoom Basic accounts are free and allow meetings up to 40 min. with multiple attendees. One-on-one meetings are not limited to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro accounts allow for meetings longer than 40 minutes and can host up to 300 participants.
- Pro accounts can be auto-provisioned in Canvas for instructors or requested at help.evergreen.edu.
- Please only request a Pro account if you need to host a multi-participant conference longer than 40 minutes.
Zoom Accessibility Notes
- Zoom – Accessibility features
- Zoom – Closed captioning
- Zoom – Hot keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Zoom – Automatic transcriptions
- Zoom is WCAG 2.1 AA compliant
First time using Zoom in your Canvas course
- Add Zoom to Your Canvas Course navigation
- How to Setup Your Zoom Account in Canvas for the First Time
- Join a Zoom Meeting
- Review the schedule for upcoming Zoom class meetings
- Zoom Basic accounts have been provisioned for all staff members
- If you require a Zoom Pro license you can request it from the Tech Support Center by submitting a help ticket.
See Zoom's Help Center for instructions.
Join a Meeting
Zoom and Special A/V Requirements
If you have more complex requirements, such as a large classroom that requires additional audio/video, please make a support request with Electronic Media.
Keywords: web conferencing