How to take a screenshot on a Mac or a PC
Taking a screenshot allows you to take a photo of all or part of what is on your computer screen, and save it as a static image file.
How to take a screenshot on a mac. All Mac operating systems support taking screenshots this way.
- Find on the keyboard the command key, the shift key, and the key for the number 4
- Hold command, shift and 4 at the same time
- Click and hold the crop tool to select what part of the screen you want to create a image file out of, and release once selected.
- You can find the screenshot on the desktop
How to take a screenshot in Windows 10.
- Use the search bar to find the Snipping Tool
- Select New
- Drag the cursor around the area you want to capture
- You can edit the screenshot in the snipping tool
- Then select file and then save
- Choose where you want to save your screenshot
Older Windows Operating Systems
How to take a screenshot on a older windows operating system.
- Find on the keyboard the CTRL key and the PrtScn key
- Hold down CTRL and PrtScn at the same time
- Windows will take a screenshot of the whole screen and it automatically saves the screenshot to the clipboard
- Open a image editing program such as Paint and paste the screenshot that was saved to the clipboard, this will allow you to edit the screenshot and save it as a file