IChat for Mac OS X
You can use iChat for Mac OS X to connect to Evergreen's Jabber chat server. One advantage to using iChat is that if you are using a mac, it is probably already installed.
Alert: iChat does not support password protected chatrooms. If you are entering a chatroom that requires a password (for an academic program for instance) you will need to use Adium instead.
Create your iChat Jabber account
- Launch iChat
- Add an your Evergreen account. Go iChat > Preferences > Accounts and click the plus sign (+) to add a new account
- Set the Account type to Jabber
- Enter your evergreen account name firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Evergreen password Figure 1
- Click Done
How to connect to a chatroom for an academic program
- Make sure your Evergreen account is connected and go File > Go to Chat Room
- Enter the name of your chatroom as email@example.com and click Go Figure 2