Installing Fonts on a Mac
From Help Wiki
Adding a font used to require an administrator password, but now any user (including students) has the ability to to install a font. This article will explain the process for installing a font to the Font Book on the Macs in the Computer Center.
How to Install a Font on a Mac
- Download or create your font
- Locate the .ttf file in Finder (typically in Downloads folder) and double-click
- You should then be prompted to install the .ttf file to the Mac "Font Book"
- If you receive any errors about an incomplete font, just force the install and proceed anyway
- To complete the process, you may have to relaunch the app you intend to use, so that it will recognize the newly installed font. There is no need to install the font to any app specifically.