Software resources for remote learning. Updated 8-10-2020
This is a list of software we have installed in media labs that is available for use on home computers.
Some of the apps are available for a limited time.
Some apps are normally available for free
- Ableton Live
- The trial version of Live will now work for 90 days instead of 30 days.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Adobe is providing temporary home use licenses until July 6 2020. We are researching other options.
- Installation Instructions
- Check the system requirements for individual apps
- If your computer's operating system does not meet the minimum requirements for an app the last version that will work on your computer will be installed
- Free audio editor
- Installed of most computers on campus
- Free and open source 3D modeling and animation application
- Free app for downloading from YouTube and other sources
- To be used for academic purposes under fair use guidelines.
- DaVinci Resolve
- Resolve combines video editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post-production in one application.
- A free version is available.
- We have Resolve installed in the Multimedia Lab but the staff are not trained to provide support.
- Free and open source video transcoder
- There is a $59 per year subscription available to students.
- Contact your faculty
- Free storyboarding app
- VCV Rack
- Open source virtual eurorack synth
- Free and open source media player
This is a list of applications that may be useful but that we do not have installed on campus or support.
- Final Cut Pro X
- The trial version of Final Cut Pro X will now work for 90 days instead of 30 days.
- Logic Pro X
- The trial version of Logic will now work for 90 days instead of 30 days.