Titles - Essential Graphics
From Help Wiki
- The Essential Graphics pane is the new interface for creating titles and motion graphics.
Creating Text Layers
- Select the Type tool (T) or Vertical Type tool from the Tools panel.
- Click in the Program Monitor where you want to position your text, and start typing.
- A single click creates text on a point, while a drag-and-drop creates text in a box.
- Use the Selection tool (V) to change the size or move a text layer.
- Use the Selection tool (V) to select a text block in the Program Monitor.
- In the Essential Graphic panel you can adjust the font, font size and other formatting.
Creating Shape Layers
- Click and hold on the Pen tool and select the Rectangle or Ellipse tools.
- Click and drag on the Program Monitor to draw the shape
- Hold down the shift key to create a shape with locked dimensions like a square or circle.
- In the Essential Graphic panel you can adjust the color and other properties.
- You might need to adjust how the layers stack if they overlap.
- Go to the Effects Controls panel.
- Every shape and text layer will be listed.
- The layer at the bottom will appear on top.
- For example if the text layer needs to appear above the rectangle layer drag the text layer to the bottom of the list.
- In the graphics layer in the Program Monitor make sure no individual layers are selected.
- Select the graphics layer in the Timeline.
- In the Essential Graphic panel check the box next to Roll.
- Specify whether the graphics should start or end off screen