APS Bolex 16mm Reflex Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:48, 8 September 2014 by Galloa
Please read manual and complete written portion of test prior to operational proficiency. Bring answers with you with your name and TESC ID number clearly indicated to workshop or proficiency test.
- List the four steps necessary to set the diopter adjustment.
- How many frames per second is the Bolex capable of shooting? How few?
- What kind of viewing system does the Bolex H16 employ? Describe how it works.
- Explain the difference between Bolex Rx lenses and normal lenses. What is the effect on the shutter speed, and how do you compensate?
- Describe the difference between a bayonet mount and a turret mount camera.
- What is the function of the turret plug?
- List the steps necessary to perform a lap dissolve.
- List the steps necessary to load the camera.
- Describe any precautions you need to take while cleaning and operating the Bolex.
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility in case of loss, or damage to the camera?
Operational Proficiency Test
- Identify all of the parts and control of the Bolex H16.
- Set the diopter and place the 85b filter in the camera.
- Set the fps at 24, set the counter at 0.
- Load the film in the camera.
- Demonstrate how to create a lap dissolve.
- Demonstrate extended exposure and animation features.
- Display proper lens mounting to insure appropriate “taking” balance on turret mount camera. Mount lens on bayonet mount camera.