[THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION]
As of May 2014, The Evergreen State College is transitioning to using Canvas as our primary Learning Management System. Canvas sites are available to all programs and courses at Evergreen and may be requested by Faculty through Presence. Students and Faculty can access available sites through my.evergreen.edu.
A Canvas site can be created for any program or course offering, and use by Faculty is optional. Students will be enrolled into sites upon registration, though sites will only become available to students after they have been "published" (made visible) by Faculty.
Advantages to using Canvas for Faculty
- Post your syllabus and readings for your students, in compliance with copyright requirements.
- Use the Discussion feature for hosting online dialogues or peer review.
- Use the Rich Text Editor to embed media or provide students with audio feedback.
- Use the Scheduler tool so students can sign up for Evaluation conferences.
Technical Information for Faculty and Students
- Computer and Mobile Device Specifications for Use
- Supported Browsers and Required Components
- Setting Your Notification Preferences in Canvas
Top Faculty Topics
|Quickstart Guide for Faculty|
Top Student Topics
|Quickstart Guide for Students|
- Get the mobile app for Android and https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/canvas-by-instructure-cloud/id480883488?mt=8
- Group Creation and Interaction
- Using Discussions in Canvas
- How to Add a File in Canvas
- How to Communicate in Canvas