Creating an Event - Schedule Evergreen
How to Create an Event
Define your event:
A college related event has a title, sponsor, privacy setting, and date(s) associated. Every event should have at least one activity associated with it. The activities are what you request spaces for, so you will always need to define one or more activities in order to request space.
- Title: This should be a short description for the event.
- Sponsor: This should be the official college office sponsoring the event.
- Privacy Setting: There are three options for the audience:
- Public: Choosing this option advertises the event on the college’s public webpage and indicates an event will need further review by RART (link to policy). In addition, all public events will also be included in my.evergreen.edu calendar for only students, faculty and staff.
- Only students, faculty and staff: Choosing this option advertises the event in my.evergreen.edu calendar for only students, faculty and staff.
- Private: Choosing this option only allows the event requester/owner and the schedulers to view the event in Schedule Evergreen. These events are not advertised anywhere.
- Dates Associated: An event can be one day or several in a row or could tie together recurring meetings for the entire year.
Define an activity for your event:
Each event has at minimum one activity associated with it that defines numbers of participants, recurrence options, start time and duration.
- Number of participants: Provide the number of people you plan to come to the event.
- Recurrence options: An activity can reoccur monthly or by number of weeks.
- Start Time and Duration: Provide the time your activity starts and how long the event will last.
Requesting a space:
Each space request requires an activity type. You can also identify in this request any space needs, building preference, set-up/tear-down buffers.
- Activity Type: The activity type drives the request to the scheduler that manages the requested space.
- Space Needs: Each room on campus has different resources to meet needs for its use. Space needs are associated with the activity type chosen.
- Building Preferences: An option to choose the building to hold the activity, along with preferred room location.
- Set-up/Tear Down: If the activity needs set-up or tear-down time, this can be requested.
- Special request or preference detail: Any detail related to the space needs can be captured in text where the scheduler will review it.