DMCA Notice and Policy
The Evergreen State College is required to respond to Digital Millennium Copyright Act claims placed by copyright holders. These notices are sent to the institution when a user on our network has been flagged for sharing copyrighted material. The following actions will be taken when a claim is filed.
- Computing and Communications Staff will review the report sent by the copyright holder.
- The device in question may be blocked from accessing our network
- Computing and Communications Staff will work to find a username associated with the activity
- The person associated with the machine will be warned in the following manner
- Owner of the device in question is asked to cease and desist all peer to peer activity associated with the copyrighted material
- Owner of the device ackowledges that repeat infractions may result in referall to the Student Conduct Officer and the device may be permanently blocked from accessing Evergreen Networks
- Once the owner has acknowledged this information, their device will be allowed back on the network
- Repeated DMCA reports or infractions will result in referral to the Student Conduct Officer
- This may result in the permanent block of the device from accessing the Evergreen Network