File Space Overview
What is networked file space?
Network filespace is available to all Evergreen students by request. This can be done through the | my.evergreen.edu web interface. Once you've requested this space, within a day you should have a new folder (name based on your login name) with a 100Mb space limit.
Why use it?
- The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up nightly, which means your files are safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.
Getting Started with File Space
Evergreen's File Servers
- Calawah - general access student file shares
- Masu - scientific computing file shares
- Nimrod - media file shares
- Hurricane - Faculty & Staff file shares