File Space Overview
Network file space is a folder on the network which is available to all Evergreen staff and faculty by default, and for students by request. Students can request file space through my.evergreen.edu. Student shares are located on a server called Calawah. If you are a student in the Media Arts, you may also have filespace available on Nimrod, or if you are in the sciences you may have space on Masu. Spaces on these last two servers are available only through your academic program.
Why use it?
- The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
- You will inevitably lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive) somewhere.
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data are safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.
Getting Started with File Space
Evergreen's File Servers
- Hurricane - Faculty & Staff
- Calawah - Students
- Masu - science faculty and students (contact the CAL for more information)
- Nimrod - media faculty and students (contact EM for more information)