File Space Overview
Student shares created this way are located on a server called Orca.
Faculty and staff will continue to use network file space on the server Hurricane.
If you are a student in the Media Arts, you may also have filespace available on Nimrod. Space on this server is available only through your academic program.
Why use it?
- You might lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive).
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data is safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home using the secure WebDAV protocol.
- Orca is the primary file server for academic resources. This server hosts academic program shares, individual student shares (generated automatically), academic workgroups and research shares. For questions about or requests concerning Orca, please contact Academic Computing.
- Hurricane is the primary file server for Faculty & Staff personal file shares as well as staff work areas. For additional help with hurricane filespace, or to request a new fileshare on Hurricane, please contact Client Services at 867-6627.
- Nimrod is the primary fileserver for students and faculty in the media arts. Nimrod is not backed up or available off campus. For help with this resource, contact the folks at Electronic Media.