File Space Overview
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 16:21, 9 December 2008 by Rip (Talk | contribs) (About File Space moved to File Space Overview)
What is networked file space?
Network file space is a folder on the network which is available to all Evergreen staff and faculty by default, and for students by request. Students can request file space through my.evergreen.edu.
Why use it?
- The floppy disk in your back pack will quit working some day.
- You will inevitably lose your thumbdrive (flashdrive) somewhere.
- If your hard drive stops working, you might not be able to extract your files from it.
- Evergreen's servers are backed up every 24 hours, which means your data are safe.
- Files saved on servers are accessible from all campus computers. You can also access them from home.
Getting Started with File Space
Evergreen's File Servers
- Hurricane - Faculty & Staff
- Calawah - Students
- Masu - science faculty and students (contact the CAL for more information)
- Nimrod - media faculty and students (contact EM for more information)