Installing Microsoft Office for Home Use
Current faculty, staff, and students are authorized to install Microsoft Office for home use. There is no charge for the install and you are authorized for 3 installations under one account (PC and Mac or a combination). Here are the steps that you can follow.
Start by going to the following page:
When you get there:
- On the Sign In screen, you'll need to enter in your FULL Evergreen email address.
- Use your Evergreen password (the same as you use for my.evergreen)
- Say "Yes" to the "Stay Signed In" prompt.
- Eventually, you'll be at a main menu type of screen that will say APPS.
- In the top right corner, click the "Install Apps" button, and then select the "Office 365 apps".
From there, you'll be prompted to save the file. Once the file has downloaded, follow the instructions on the screen to install the program. Be aware that at the end of the install, you'll be prompted again to sign in. You'll use your Evergreen user name and password again. At this point the install should be complete and you are ready to use Office.