Installing Microsoft Office for Home Use
Current faculty, staff, and students are authorized to install Microsoft Office for home use. There is no charge for the install and you are authorized for 3 installations under one account (PC and Mac or a combination). Note, this is only available for Windows or Mac OS. It is not compatible with Chrome OS or Chromebooks.
To install Microsoft Office on a Mac or PC, start by going to the following page:
Get the Installer
- On the Sign In screen, you'll need to enter in your FULL Evergreen email address.
- Use your Evergreen password (the same as you use for my.evergreen)
- The Office 365 Portal will load.
- In the top right corner, click the "Install Office" button, and then select the "Office 365 apps".
- The will start to download. It's a 1.5GB file so it could take awhile.
- Once the file has downloaded, follow the instructions on the screen to install the program.
Authorize the Apps
- After the apps install open Excel, Word or PowerPoint.
- Click Sign In in the top left of the app.
- Sign in with your Evergreen account.
- This only authorizes the current user account not all users.
- Once you are signed in to the app you will have access to your OneDrive files from within the app.
- Click Sign Out to sign out of OneDrive.
- This will leave the app authorized for the computer but prevent another user from accessing your files.