Mediawiki upgrade to 1.20 - New Features
From Help Wiki
Revision as of 15:28, 5 August 2013 by Greenea
New Mediawiki-Bootstrap Skin
- Sidebar content has been consolidated into top navbar
- Toolbox - includes Upload File, Special pages
- Blue Page button - this is now where you go to edit, view history or any page related activities
- Account button - login, set your preferences
- Removing sidebars allows for readers to focus page content
- Skin is now responsive and looks great on a variety of devices, phones, tablets, large screens...
- Custom navigation can be added as drop-downs in the top navbar
- To customize your navbar go to the MediaWiki:bootstrap-navbar page in your site
- For an example of how to custom see the Help Wiki's navbar at MediaWiki:bootstrap-navbar
- "Toolbox" and "SEARCH" are special words that will add key functionality to your navbar
- Mediawiki-Bootstrap skin is based on the Twitter Bootstrap 2 project.
- See the example page layout for single column tutorial
- WikiEditor is now built into core. Definitely checkout the built-in help for wiki syntax at the top of the editing frame.
- FancyBoxThumbs extension displays thumb nailed images in a Mac-style "lightbox" that floats overtop of web page. This can create a more user friendly environment, where the user doesn't leave the page every time they click a thumbnail.
- Collapsible Elements - allow you to show/hide additional content on your page using text or buttons
- User Merge and Delete
See also: listing of all installed extensions
Default Settings in New Wikis
- Taxobox templates have been included in the SkelDB. All new sites are ready to go with taxobox and will recognize taxobox syntax.
- New Mediawiki-Bootstrap is set to be the default skin
Mediawiki Release Notes since our last version 1.15
- New diff view for greater accessibility (less dependent upon colors)
- Collapsible Elements added to core
- Renameuser — A special page which allows authorized users to rename user accounts.
- Vector — Enhancements to the Vector skin.
- WikiEditor — An improved and customizable editing toolbar developed along the Vector skin.
- Better gender support for languages that need it
- Category sorting has been drastically improved. Sorting is now case insensitive.