Multimedia Lab Consulting
From Help Wiki
Online Consulting Sessions
We are testing Microsoft Bookings to schedule online consultation sessions with Media Services staff or lab aides. Bookings will schedule a meeting with Microsoft Teams. On our Bookings web site you can choose a topic and then select from the available dates and times. The sessions are for 25 minutes.
What You Need
- Bookings will schedule a Teams meetings.
- You can use Teams via a web browser or you can install the desktop app.
- Read our Getting Started with Teams and Video Calls and Meetings with Teams article for more details.
- You will need a microphone
- A camera can be useful but you do not need to turn your camera on
- Screen sharing
- Sharing your screen with the lab aide can make assisting you much easier.
- The lab aide might share their screen if they need to demonstrate something.
- Read the Microsoft article on screen sharing
- Support for sharing audio with macOS is currently not supported. It should be available soon.
How to Schedule
You can schedule session with our Consulting calendar
- Go to https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/MultimediaLab@evergreen0.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
- At the top of the window select a service from the options of applications or topics
- On the calendar the dates where a lad aide is available will be a darker color
- Select a date and the available times will appear on the right
- Select a time
- Fill out the form at the bottom
- Click Book
- You will receive an email with a link to the Teams meeting.