From Help Wiki
Revision as of 11:43, 6 November 2019 by Clakar06
- Log into the Logbook and note any problems other students have had in the studio.
- Is the mixer and the rest of the room normalized?
- Switch on the rack near the patchbay, then the powerbar in the rack on the desk.
- Power up computer.
- Patch a simple audio signal from the Buchla to the mixer input channel 1 via patch bay.
- On mixer channel 1:
- Enable the “LINE” input switch
- Adjust the “GAIN” knob until the channel meter shows green LEDs but not red
- Make sure that EQ is disabled
- Make sure the PAN knob is centered
- Assign the channel output to the “L-R” bus.
- Bring up the channel fader to unity gain (0)
- Select L-R as the Monitor Source
- Bring the yellow MASTER L-R faders up to unity, and you should see the Monitor Output meters indicate a level
Patching to the Receiver
- Patch the Monitor Output of the Mixer to the Yamaha Receiver VCR Input.
- Set the volume on the Yamaha Receiver (on the desk rack, top unit) to -20dB, check that the input is set to VCR
- Bring up the monitor output level knob up to a good listening level.
- (Optional) Repeat steps using a stereo sound from the computer (YouTube, iTunes, etc.) patched to the mixer
- Turn the Yamaha Receiver volume all the way down to “MUTE”
- Normalize the mixer (all buttons out, all faders down, all AUX Send knobs down, all EQ knobs centered, all Gain knobs down, Monitor knob down, etc.)
- Remove patch cables from synths and patchbays, and NEATLY put them back on the hangers
- Shut down the computer
- Switch off all racks
- Log out of the log book and note any problems you have had; they will be looked at weekly by an intern
- Switch off the lights and make sure the door latches behind you