Talk:Getting Started with Zoom
From Help Wiki
About Zoom Accounts
- A Zoom account is only required if you want to host a meeting. You do need an account to attend a meeting.
- Zoom Basic accounts are free and allow meetings up to 40 min. with multiple attendees. One-on-one meetings are not limited to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro accounts allow for meetings longer than 40 minutes. Pro accounts can be auto-provisioned in Canvas for instructors or requested at help.evergreen.edu. Please only request a Pro account if you need to host a multi-participant conference longer than 40 minutes.
First time using Zoom in your Canvas course
- Add Zoom to Your Canvas Course navigation
- Launch Zoom for the first-time inside Canvas to auto-provision your Zoom Pro account
- Join a Zoom Meeting
- Review the schedule for upcoming Zoom class meetings
- Zoom Basic accounts have been provisioned for all staff members
- Request a Zoom account