Getting Started with Zoom
Zoom is free for anyone invited to attend a meeting. Zoom accounts are available by logging in to evergreen.zoom.us with your My Evergreen login and password. If you'd like to host a meeting for your class or college-related business see below.
About Zoom Accounts
- Zoom Basic accounts are available for Evergreen members and allow meetings up to 40 min. with up to 100 attendees. One-on-one meetings are not limited to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro accounts allow for meetings longer than 40 minutes and can host up to 300 participants.
- All faculty are automatically assigned a Pro account.
- Staff or students needing a pro account can request one at help.evergreen.edu.
- Please only request a Pro account if you need to host a multi-participant Zoom conference longer than 40 minutes.
Microsoft Team Meetings is a great alternative if you need to host multi-participant meetings longer than 40 minutes. All community members have a Teams license available by logging in at office.com.
First time using Zoom in your Canvas course
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting in Your Canvas Course
- Schedule a Zoom Meeting via the Web Portal
- Zoom Security - Best Practices for Scheduling Meetings
Pre-Assigning Participants to Breakout Rooms
- Zoom guide: Pre-assigning participants to breakout rooms
- Go to/sign in at https://evergreen.zoom.us
- In the menu at left of the page, click “Settings”
- At the Settings page, under the “Meeting” heading, click “In Meeting (Advanced)”
- At the “Breakout room” setting, check the box to “Allow host to assign participants to breakout rooms when scheduling” -- that action should just auto-save.
- Go back to the Canvas site to schedule a meeting and pre-assign participants.
- Zoom Basic accounts are available for all staff members by logging in to evergreen.zoom.us with your My Evergreen login and password.
- If you require a Zoom Pro license you can request it from the Tech Support Center by submitting a help ticket.
See Zoom's Help Center for instructions.
Join a Meeting
Zoom Accessibility Notes
- Zoom – Accessibility features
- Zoom – Closed captioning
- Zoom – Hot keys and keyboard shortcuts
- Zoom – Automatic transcriptions
- Zoom is WCAG 2.1 AA compliant
Zoom and Special A/V Requirements
Keywords: web conferencing