Zoom for Students
How to Access a Zoom Meeting
Getting Started - First Time Installing Zoom Desktop App
- Click the Zoom link provided by your faculty to Join the Zoom Meeting.
- The first time you try to join a meeting you will be prompted to download and install the Zoom desktop application.
- It's recommended to run Zoom from the desktop app versus joining from your browser.
- Follow the prompts to install Zoom on your computer. Note: you only need to do this once.
Join a Meeting
Once the Zoom app is installed you will be prompted to join the meeting
- choose Join with Video
- next choose Join with Computer Audio
- if you're unsure about your audio setup, choose Test Speaker and Microphone before joining
Do I need a Zoom account to join a meeting?
- No, a Zoom account is only required if you want to host a meeting. You do not need an account to attend a meeting when you are following a link.
Can I host my own meeting?
- Yes, Zoom Basic accounts are free and allow meetings up to 40 min. with multiple attendees. One-on-one meetings are not limited to 40 minutes
How can I set a profile picture when my video is turned off?
Learning more about Zoom
See Zoom's Help Center for instructions.
Keywords: web conferencing