Tips for the Academic Fair
This articles contains information of some Zoom security settings and some meeting controls. Since the Zoom meeting links will be posted on a public website there is the potential for Zoom bombing. Some of the settings mention require the current version of Zoom. So check to make sure your Zoom app is up to date.
Check for Updates
Check to make sure that you have the current version of Zoom.
- Sign into the Zoom app
- Click your profile icon in the top right
- Select Check for Updates
- Do not select Passcode
- Select Waiting Room
- Do not select Allow participants to join anytime
- Select Mute participants upon entry
- Do not select Require authentication to join
- If selected this would require participants to sign in with Evergreen accounts
- Not all participants will have Evergreen accounts
The Security icon at the bottom of the Zoom meeting window has a variety of options and tools
Zoom has an article with more details.
- Hide Profile Pictures
- Zoom bombers can set their profile picture to an offensive image
- This is a quick way to turn off all profile pictures
- All Participants to: Share Screen
- Uncheck this so that only the host can screen share
- Suspend Participants Activities
- This is a new setting for emergency situations
- This shuts off all participants audio, video and screen sharing and locks the meeting