Difference between revisions of "Video Embed - Wordpress"
Revision as of 10:05, 26 February 2010
Using the Video QuickTags plugin
You can embed a variety of video services as well as your own uploaded Quicktime movies.
- Upload your media to the blog server and copy the link to the location of the video file you'd like to display
- If your video file is too large, you may need to make host it on another web server and simply link to the file from within Wordpress
- Use the Video Quick tags available in the editing bar of your post or page
- Paste the url to your video file
Enable more video types or video sites and change the default dimension sizes for displaying video
- Go to Settings > Video Quicktags
Using the Embed Video plugin
Another option is to use the Embed Video plugin. The advantage is that you can specify a movie poster as well as a download link for the files. See Embed Enhanced or Video Podcast - Wordpress. This will work for just video as well (doesn't need to be a podcast).