Zoom H4n Audio Recorder Proficiency Test
From Help Wiki
Digital Audio Recorders
For the Marantz PMD-660 and Zoom H4N
- What is the point of formatting the recorder before you record audio?
- How do you access the EDIT mode for the PMD-660?
- Why do you want to make sure to turn off the “silent skip” option on the PMD-660?
- Why is it not unnecessary to turn off the internal mic for input?
- What are the steps you must follow in order to import your files onto a computer for editing for both recorders?
- If you are using alkaline batteries rather than rechargeable, what must you change on the PMD-660 in order for the recorder to work?
- Describe how to set the date and time on the H4n.
- Name and describe the 4 modes on the H4n.
- What kind of mic configuration does the H4n utilize?
- What is the extent of your financial responsibility for the recorders when you check them out from Media Loan?
(TO BE DONE DURING YOUR SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT )
- Turn each recorder on.
- Demonstrate how to navigate through the menus of each recorder.
- Format the recorder correctly and prepare for recording.
- Demonstrate how to change the mic angels from 90 to 120 and back on the H4n.
- Plug preferred mic to correct input. Select input setup from the menu.
- Record 30 seconds of audio.
- Connect headphones or speakers to line-out and playback your track.
- Add another track manually.
- Erase track.
- Connect USB from the recorder to a laptop provided by Media Loan.
- Show that you understand how to import your audio files from the recorder to the computer.