Environmental Health - WordPress + GeoMashup
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Login to your program's WordPress Site
Driving in WordPress
Change your display name
You can control how your name appears next to your writings. Remember, these sites will be public so use a name you feel comfortable with being in the public sphere, such as first name and last initial.
- To change your display name, click on Howdy, [your display name] in the upper right corner.
- Click on Edit My Profile
- Enter desired display name in the Nickname (required) field.
- Select and set desired display name using the Display name publicly as drop-down box. Note: this will change all references in your site, even for posts that were already published.
Writing and Managing your content
(To be determined by faculty and students - may include:)
- Entries that use the location as an organizing principle for each entry including:
- geo-mapping using the GeoMashup Google Maps plugin
- images and image galleries
Your site is using the GeoMashup plugin so a Google Map will appear at the bottom of each post you are editing.
- You can drop a placemark to locate your post. Tip: single click the map to insert a placemark.
- For places you will be posting form frequently, consider Saving the Location.
- Go to your sites global map to view your post and it's geolocated position on the map
Embed a Map
- Use the same shortcode [geo_mashup_map] to embed single maps on your geolocated posts
- Optional: On your Global maps page use the shortcode [geo_mashup_category_legend] to add a category legend to filter map placemarks by post category