Image Galleries - WordPress
Two ways to add image galleries to your WordPress site are currently available at blogs.evergreen.edu.
For embedding cloud-based image gallery solutions
- Awesome Flickr Gallery Quickly and easily incorporate your Flickr photos and galleries into your WordPress pages and posts.
- Instagram Feed Embed a dynamic image gallery of your Instagram images or specific hash of images in a page or as a sidebar widget.
For local storage of your images
You can use the following gallery tools (remember you only have 100MB of storage space on your blogs.evergreen.edu site):
Built-in image gallery tool
- Create a page for your gallery (a post will work too) or Edit an existing one
- Click the Add Media button
- From the Insert Media window you can choose to Create a Gallery from the left-hand menu
- Select the images to be in your gallery (upload new images)
- Click Insert into page (or post)
See also: WordPress image gallery support page
Enhance the built-in gallery tool with the Tile Gallery plugin
- Go Plugins > Activate > Tiled Galleries Carousel Without Jetpack
- Now all of your WordPress image galleries will have a full-screen overlay
See the demo site
Check out examples of each of the above gallery types at the demo site for Image Galleries