WordPress Tutorial for wordpress.evergreen.edu
From Help Wiki
Everything you need to know to get started using WordPress at wordpress.evergreen.edu
Configure Site Settings
Writing and Managing Your Content
Adding Images and Media
Designing Your Site
Working with themes
Themes allow you to change the design of your blog at anytime. Changing your theme will not affect the primary content of your site.
- Choose a theme
- Customize your header image - some themes allow for you to add your own header image Appearance > Header Image (may only appear if your chosen theme supports custom header images)
- Make additional changes to your theme (advanced)
Many themes support sidebar content. Often times if you don't add anything to your side bar a default set of "widgets" will appear. You can change this by adding your own widgets.
- Widgets - add additional features to your sidebar
- Add external links to your sidebar
- Change what your front page displays if you'd prefer a static pages instead your latest posts.
- Custom Menus - allow you to modify the navigation for your site
Adding Functionality to Your Site
- Use plugins to enable new features in your site.
- Popular WordPress plugins at Evergreen
Moving Your Site
If at any point you want to move your WordPress site off of "wordpress.evergreen.edu" for your own personal use, simply set up your own domain and web-host, export your WordPress site, and Import it onto your private hosting.