Mediaworks - After Effects Part 1
From Help Wiki
What Is After Effects
- After Effects is an application that is used for video composting, motion graphics and animation.
- It's interface has some similarities with Premiere Pro and Photoshop but it has many unique elements.
Topics to Cover
- We will cover some basic concepts in After Effects and demonstrate the new Motion Graphics Template feature.
- Practice files are available at smb://orca/programs/mediaworks-1718/handouts
- Alpha Channels: Describe the area of transparency is a video or image.
- We will demonstrate alpha channels with Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere Pro
- Alpha Channels, masks and mattes
- Exporting videos with or without alpha channels
- Dynamic Link: allow sharing assets and compostions between Premiere and After Effects without having to export a new video clip every time a change is made.