Plants in Motion - WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
- Navigate to your site at blogs.evergreen.edu/pim-group1 through group12 and login with your Evergreen username and password
- Plants in Motion Program Site
Driving in WordPress
From your dashboard we need to change some settings in your site
- Settings > General - here you can change your Site Title and tagline
Changing your site visibility
Your site will be only viewable to your faculty and members of your group. Towards the end of the quarter you will open up your site to be publicly viewable, here's how:
- At the Dashboard, go to Settings > Reading to change your site's visibility settings
- For this setting, choose either Allow search engines or Disallow search engines
Change your display name
You can control how your name appears next to your writings. Remember, these sites will eventually be public so use a name you feel comfortable with being in the public sphere, such as first name and last initial.
- To change your display name, click on Howdy, [your display name] in the upper right corner.
- Click on Edit My Profile
- Enter desired display name in the Nickname (required) field.
- Select and set desired display name using the Display name publicly as drop-down box. Note: this will change all references in your site, even for posts that were already published.
Writing and Managing your content
Additional WordPress Resources
- Built-in Help
- when you're logged into the Dashboard look in the upper right under "Howdy"
- Help is context aware so will show you help based on where you are in the WordPress Dashboard
- Built-in help videos (part of built-in help)
- Lynda.com Video Tutorials