Refine Matte - After Effects
From Help Wiki
The Refine Matte plug-in can be used to touch up edges on masks, keys, or rotobrushed subjects. To apply the plug-in, search for Refine Matte (under Matte) in the Effects & Presets Panel and apply this effect to your video in your composition. Adjust the various settings until you are happy with the footage.
- Smooth will adjust the sharpness of the curve and smooth along the edge of the footage or matte.
- Feather softens the edge of the matte or footage. Unlike Smooth, Feather will apply across the edge.
- Choke contracts or expands the matte. Choke should only be used as a last attempt to clean up edges, as it restricts the edging of your matte.
- Use Motion Blur will give the edge of the matte or key motion blur, which can help quite a bit if your subject moves at all.
- Decontaminate Edge Colors will help control any color spill into your key or matte. This will also help remove any halos and motion blur.