Walking to Santiago de Compostela - WordPress
- Getting Started with WordPress - What is WordPress and how is it being used at Evergreen?
Driving in WordPress
From your dashboard we need to change some settings in your site
- Settings > General - here you can change your Site Title and tagline;
- This is where you can change your time zone. You will need to update your timezone when abroad.
Change your site visibility
Your site is, by default only visible to Evergreen community members. If you want to make your site publicly viewable...
- At the Dashboard, go to Settings > Reading to change your site's visibility settings
- For this setting, choose either Allow search engines or Disallow search engines
Change your display name
You can control how your name appears next to your writings. Remember, these sites will be public so use a name you feel comfortable with being in the public sphere, such as first name and last initial.
- To change your display name, click on Howdy, [your display name] in the upper right corner.
- Click on Edit My Profile
- Enter desired display name in the Nickname (required) field.
- Select and set desired display name using the Display name publicly as drop-down box. Note: this will change all references in your site, even for posts that were already published.
Writing and Managing your content
Sections required for your site:
- About: an "About" page and/or introduction/description for your project
- Map: a global map that uses the GeoMashup plugin to display your geo-located posts
Posts and Categories
You will be geo-mapping your posts using the GeoMashup Google Maps plugin. Journal entries that use the location as an organizing principle for each entry including:
- reflections, stories, and comments about your experiences along the trail may be rotated under the categories:
- the Where am I? category is for daily check-ins (entry can be brief)