Audio Studio Policies
Audio Support Contact:
(360)867-5838 --> (from a campus phone, you will only dial "5838")
Audio Support is on campus Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm, but may not be immediately reachable during that time; Audio Support is comprised of a subset of Media Services staff members and interns, whose responsibilities often take them away from the phone. Leave us a message and we will get to you as quickly as possible.
Audio Studio Info
The Audio Studios on campus are to be used for academic (credit-generating) work only, and they all require users to pass a proficiency test before they are able to reserve the room independently. Proficiencies for the four (4) Audio Studios are only offered through programs that specifically teach students how to operate these facilities; that means ILC students wishing to use these studios will need to have already passed a proficiency test prior to requesting use of the studios for their ILC.
The four (4) Audio Studios are:
- Audio Lab (Lib 1630)
- Performance & Production Control Room (Com 111a)
- Recital Hall Control Room (Com 212a)
- Advanced Multitrack Studio (Com 118)
Basic use policies
- Only use the studios during your scheduled times.
- Log in and out of the logbook.
- Return check-out keys and equipment promptly to Media Loan or to the Library Circulation Desk.
- No open food or drinks in the spaces, and this means no liquids or food anywhere near the consoles/computers/electronics. They stay in your bag, or in the hallway.
- Alcohol, drugs, vaping and smoking are not allowed anywhere in the building.
- Do not let other people into the studios unless they are the musicians that you are working with. You are responsible for the actions of others that you allow into the studio spaces.
- Do not remove/repatch or modify equipment in the racks. Do not move or change connections to installed equipment, including inputs/outputs of the computer. Each studio has a USB hub for you to connect personal devices to.
- If you feel the need to move/repatch equipment because of a technical issue, please refrain from doing so and, instead, contact Audio Support (AudioSupport@evergreen.edu -or- 360.867.5838).(contact info at the top of the page).
- If you notice something missing from the space, and the removal is not in the logbook, contact Audio Support (contact info at the top of the page).
Any violations of studio policies will result in the temporary loss of studio access until you meet with Electronic Media staff and your faculty. Serious violations could result in loss of your access. Egregious violations such as drug, alcohol and tobacco use in the studios or control rooms and/or damage or theft of equipment will result in immediate and permanent loss of studio access.
Studios are not available for production use during evaluation week. Media Loan only checks out keys for evaluation purposes.
During the Summer, access is limited unless there is a specific class using the studios. Scheduling and reservation procedures may be slightly different than during the academic year.