Canon Rebel Proficiency Test
Answers may be found in the Canon Rebel XT / XSi Operating Guide, Canon Rebel T1i/T2i Operating Guide, Canon Rebel T5i/T6i/T7i Gear Guide. Complete this written portion and bring it with you to your scheduled operational proficiency. Call 867-6253 if you have any questions.
- Describe at least one method to adjust the three exposure settings: aperture, ISO and shutter speed.
- What the Av, Tv, P, and M icons on the mode dial stand for and what do they mean?
- When setting the Mode Dial to Full Auto, what three exposure variables are set?
- What are the two switches that can be found on most lenses and what do they control?
- How do you activate Live View and what does it do?
- How do you change white balance settings in the menu to obtain optimum color rendering?
- What does the "Q" button do?
- Name three things that might permanently damage this camera.
- If you check out a camera and it is lost, stolen or damaged, who is 100% responsible for the replacement costs of it?
To be done during your scheduled proficiency.
- Remove the camera from the case and identify all controls and parts.
- Correctly identify the memory card and format the card.
- Describe the use of the menu button.
- Set camera to manual focusing.
- Demonstrate how to change the image resolution.
- Demonstrate how to set proper exposure.
- Set camera on tripod correctly and use the camera to capture a couple of still images or record video.
- Playback the still images or video.
- Set up a battery to be charged.
- Pack the camera back in its case.