Email Users - WordPress
A plugin for WordPress which allows you to send an email to the registered blog users. Users can send personal emails to each other. Power users can email groups of users and even notify group of users of posts.
- Go to the Plugins page from within the WordPress administration
- Click Activate for Email Users
- After activation a new Email Users options menu will appear under Settings.
- Visit the Settings page to adjust your Email Users settings as needed.
Is there anyway to see the history of the emails sent through Wordpress?
The Email Users plugin does not keep a copy of emails sent out to users. We recommend using the Post Notification feature of this plugin instead and modifying your workflow around announcements to students:
- Write your announcement as a new post on your site and publish (you can even have these listed under a navigation place called “Announcements”)
- Edit the post and click the “Notify Users About this Post” link (upper right)
- This will copy the contents of the post and move you into the Email users screen where you can further modify the email that gets send out
- Select the recipients and Send Email
The advantage of this workflow is that there will always be a posted version of the announcement that exists outside of email - so even if a student is experiencing email problems, they can always go to the Announcements section of the site and get the latest news.